Confirmation of the bible

633 viewsGeneral Question

so putting aside creationism and noah’s ark , has there been actual evidence confirming the events of the bible  as accurate  and real ?

Related

Hey Peter I was gonna write a whole post in the blog but i’ll just post 2 unarguable validations here. Archeology confirms many events and persons in the Bible, one example is in the Tel Dan inscription “House of David”.

Hazael of Damascus vs Jehoram of Israel & Ahaziah of Judah
Previously skeptics claimed the line of David, many kings, & wars in the bible never happen and were pure “mythology”. The Tel Dan inscription, or “House of David” inscription, was found in 1993 at the site of Tel Dan in Israel at an excavation by Israeli archaeologist Avraham Biran. It refers to Judah as the House of David and it also mentions Joram King of Israel and Ahaziah King of Judah. Scholars agree that this refers to the war of Hazael of Damascus vs Jehoram & Ahaziah 2 Kings 8:28–29

The Bible (as it has done many times) corrected historians and skeptics. This is undeniable proof of the King David’s legacy; but the best validating resources are found in the Bible itself.

King Cyrus of Persia recognized by Name 150 years before birth

One that still awes me today is the revelation God gives to Isaiah about King Cyrus of Persia. 150 years before Cyrus the Great is even born God says that he will “subdue nations” and that he will order the rebuilding of the Temple Isaiah 44:28 which Persia decreed in the “Cyrus Cylinder” below.

Isaiah 45:1, 4-5
Thus says the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus,
whose right hand I have grasped,
to subdue nations before him
and to loose the belts of kings,
to open doors before him
that gates may not be closed:

For the sake of my servant Jacob,
and Israel my chosen,
I call you by your name,
I name you, though you do not know me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other,
besides me there is no God;
I equip you, though you do not know me,

Isaiah 44:28
who says of Cyrus, ‘He is my shepherd,
and he shall fulfill all my purpose’;
saying of Jerusalem, ‘She shall be built,’
and of the temple, ‘Your foundation shall be laid.’”

You are viewing 1 out of 3 answers, click here to view all answers.

Questions

Request a Forum 2 Answers | 0 Votes
Was Jesus Able to Sin? 0 Answers | 0 Votes

Top Forums

Pin It on Pinterest