Submissive Wife, What Does That Mean?

440 views1 PeterHusband Submit Wife Women

What does the bible mean by be a submissive wife to my husband?

1 Peter 3:1 “In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives,”

Related

If Christ is the head and the church is the bride and the husband is under Christ, this implies that the husband is responsible for covenant and doctrinal teachings and values of the house. I think the gospel is number one here first before anything else, but secondarily come the needs of the household. If the wife is to compliment the husband in the house, it would naturally vary from household to household depending on the need and the dependency… But primarily I would definitely believe that the gospel and doctrinal matters would fall under the responsibility of the man of the household.

The husband is also called to submit to the wife. The husband is accountable to Christ, but the wife has also been regenerated and saved by this same grace, and therefore the wife should be willing to keep the husband accountable. She is a helpmate, but before any demands of the household come, she should be a helpmate to keep him accountable before Christ.

Simply an observation, open to criticism

You are viewing 1 out of 4 answers, click here to view all answers.

Questions

Request a Forum 2 Answers | 0 Votes

Top Forums

Pin It on Pinterest