What kind of wine to buy for communion? and How do you celebrate communion?

I have an interest in how various churches celebrate the Eucharist, i.e.: Lord’s Supper, Communion. Does your local church body practice closed Communion? That is, only those who belong to your particular denomination can partake of the elements or does your church practice open Communion? That is: all Christians, even those Christians outside of your denomination, are able to partake of the elements.

Are babies and little children permitted to partake of the elements i.e. – paedocommunion? Does the pastor and/or elders administer the elements at the altar, or are the elements passed around in the congregation where each person takes the wine/grape juice and bread himself/herself? Does your church use wine, grape juice, or both? What is used for the bread – matzos, leavened bread, crackers, wafers?

Related

As far as the “Open Communion” question is concerned. Gods salvation is open and free to all. Communion should also be open and free to all. The type of “wine” used should be unfermited Grape juice. The alcohol is symbolic of the corrupt nature of sin.

You are viewing 1 out of 1 answers, click here to view all answers.

Questions

Request a Forum 2 Answers | 0 Votes

Top Forums

Pin It on Pinterest